During this time of uncertainty (and always) we are just a phone call away. Call our free 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900 to speak confidentially with master’s-level care consultants for decision-making support, crisis assistance and education on issues families face every day. Please check our website, alz.org/seva, for details on support group meetings and other events. Also, for caregiving tips during this time, please click here: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Tips for Dementia Caregivers
Caregiver support groups, early stage programs, education programs, and most in-person community-based events or meetings have transitioned to virtual settings led by staff and volunteers. To learn more about the virtual programs offered, please visit the Alzheimer’s Association Community Resource Finder. There are other ways that you can stay connected to resources on demand through: AlzConnected: Message boards for those living Read more...
If you have symptoms including coughing, fever, and shortness of breath and/or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed or in a location where transmission is high. Call our Covid Hotline first. Read more...
Mental Health Directory This is a volunteer maintained database. We don’t make any claims of qualifications of those listed. If you would like to be listed as a provider, please email email@example.com. CRISIS – 24 Hour Help LOCAL RESOURCES: Crossroads Community Services Board Amelia, Buckingham, Charlotte, Cumberland, Lunenburg, Nottoway, and Prince Edward Phone: 1-800-548-1688 (Hotline) Centra Southside Covid-19 Phone: 434-200-1225 (Hotline) NON-LOCAL Read more...
● Apply online for benefits at: https://commonhelp.virginia.gov
● Apply for SNAP, TANF, EAP, and Medical Assistance over the phone by calling
● Apply for Medical Assistance only over the phone by calling 1-855-242-8282
● Get an application from your local department of social services
● Ask the LDSS to mail you an application
● Print a copy of the application off the internet at http://www.dss.virginia.gov under each
program under assistance or at www.coverva.org for medical assistance
● Leave the printed application, mail or fax the application to your LDSS